It’s not that the holiday season doesn’t present a lot to be grateful for, it’s that it makes you busy and tired and not able to sit yourself down to gratitude-ify.
Some stuff that I’ve been hella grateful for this past week:
- My kids. So good to have Jake on this side of the country. I miss him so much when he’s at school. I even love the big fat mess his room is.
- White lights. White lights. White lights. The more, the better.
- The smell of pine needles is happy.
- Friends are good. I love mine.
- I did not, despite my best efforts, ever get my holiday card out this year (LOSER), but I absolutely love getting a card in the mail. Especially those with photos.
- My sister’s turkey (via Uncle Louie) was delicious.
- My friend Danielle made me the pretzel crack. And my friend Karen gave me the a tub of the best potato chips this girl has ever eaten. (Not actually sure if these two are friends or not, come to think of it).
- We have been sold out of Star Wars for three days. We’re in today, YES.
- I got a new client right before Christmas, and I am really excited to start their project!
- I love my bed. Have I ever mentioned that?