Dear Dan (5) O.,
I can’t decide whether you turning 50 makes me feel older, or younger. But it doesn’t matter, we’re finally in the same decade again!
I’m writing this on the gratitude-a-thon on account of how super, major grateful I am for our friendship. (It’s nice when your girlfriend comes with a guy who can also be your girlfriend!)
Here are the ten things I like best about you:
- You’re a great listener. You always make me feel heard and seen.
- You make a mean cocktail and a perfect cup of coffee.
- You make people feel comfortable. Whether it’s at your house entertaining, or in a social setting, your sweet manner makes people feel good.
- You’re funny (and you know how I love funny).
- You’re thoughtful and take time to get to know what would really mean something to someone.
- You always know the best binge-worthy tv shows that even I don’t know.
- You’re techno-savvy.
- I love your effort to be mindful and meditate. (We share this ongoing, but worthy struggle.)
- You love your dog, like I love my dog.
- You’re adorable.
We’ve been friends a long time, and I hope you know that I consider you one of the people who understands me best. I love you for that.
So gosh darn many memories we’ve art directed over the past 14 years. Thanks for every one of them. And happy birthday.
The other Toni